Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mini Haul of Thrifting Purchases

So, I have never really done a "fashion" post per say, because honestly, I don't consider myself the most fashionable person in the world. But I figured this was worth a shot, mostly just because I am really proud of all my thrifting purchases, including the amazing sparkly pink butterfly shirt. I "styled" them according to what I would probably wear them with in real life, so I hope you like everything! Also, I apologize for the horrible quality of these photos, my iPhone camera isn't exactly the best...



What I'm Wearing:
Shorts: Goodwill (originally Karen Scott)
Shirt: Target (Pajama Section)
Blue Flats: Rack Room Shoes
Scarf: Target

I bought the red shorts from this outfit at Goodwill for THREE DOLLARS!!! Lucy told me she thought they looked kind of like old-lady pants, and I guess they kind of do, but after I rolled them up I really liked how they looked! I paired them with this pajama shirt, which is kind of embarrassing but I don't think it actually looks like pajamas and it's SO comfortable, and well as a blue scarf and blue shoes to tie it al together!


What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Goodwill (originally Ross)
Shoes: Navy Blue Vans

I LOVE finding things that I can wear my sneakers with, so this dress is perfect. Since it has kind of a casual look as well as some navy blue patterns, it was perfect to go with my vans! This is a perfect dress for summer, its casual and lightweight, yet still stylish and can be both dressed up and dressed down. Also, it's really comfortable, and easy for a day when you don't really feel like putting that much effort into what you're wearing. Personally, I feel like this dress is versatile enough to just wear around by adding sneakers, but can also be worn to a dressier event by adding flats or heels.


What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Goodwill (originally Sue Wong)
Shoes: Rack Room Shoes
Belt: Delia's

I really love the pattern on this dress, it's just so unique! When I was standing in line to get it, this random lady in front of me pointed out that it looked like paintings from some artist... I can't even remember now Maroe or something? Anyway I just think this dress is really fun, it personally reminds me of a comic book or something, so it has a kind of casual fun twist even though it is dressier. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to wear it yet, but I figure I'll find somewhere to wear it!


What I'm Wearing:
Shorts: Goodwill (originally Forever 21)
Sandals: Rack Room Shoes
Necklace: Hawaii (gifted)
Shirt: Target
Belt: Target

These shorts were the first thing I wore when I got home from Lucy's! They're just so comfortable and casual, and the brown and white stripes make them basically go with anything. I took these pictures wearing my sandals, but this outfit also looks really good with vans. I felt like the sandals dressed it up a bit, but wearing sneakers makes it a really good outfit to just hang around in. My plain green v-neck shirt is a basic, but I feel like since the pattern on these shorts is so subtle, you could wear pretty much any type of top with them!


What I'm Wearing:
Tank Top: Goodwill (originally Freestyle)
Shorts: Arizona Jean Company (gifted)
Shoes: Navy Blue Vans

I'm actually in love with this outfit! I kind of have this thing for the 90's, and this outfit is so 90's-esqe I can't even take it. I'm not sure who made this tank top, it's really short so I have a hunch it might be a children's tank top, but that means it goes perfectly with high waisted shorts! I have this pair that Lucy gave me once she outgrew them, they're also from Goodwill and I love them so much! Even though this outfit is pretty simple, the kind of quirky details make it really unique and I love it!



What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Goodwill (originally Karen Scott)
Leggings: Target
Jean Flats: Target

This outfit is probably for a colder day, but I really love it! I had been looking for a jean shirt/jean jacket of some kind, so when I found this I was really excited! Even though it's a little big, it's perfect for putting over leggings or black jeans! I also conveniently had these jean ballet flats which worked perfectly, even if they are a little match-matchy. This outfit is so comfortable because the shirt is really worn it, so it is perfect for those slightly chilly summer days! 

Ok, that was pretty much everything I got! I figured I did owe you a picture of the sparkly butterfly shirt though, so although I unfortunately don't have one with Lucy and her martini shirt, I have this gem for you:


It's beautiful...
 Well I hoped you liked everything! I'm pretty proud of my thrifting skills, I got all of this for 20$, and I plan to go back with Lucy sometime very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment