Saturday, July 6, 2013

Praise the Orange and the Blue

WA HOO WA!!!!

Today I visited UVA with my mom and grandma. I know I'm not going to college for a while, but since my mom, grandpa, and uncle went there and my grandma used to work there, I was really interested in seeing it. Despite the scorching hot weather, it was probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my entire life! (minus the kind of ugly dorm rooms) Here are a couple photos from our adventures! :)



My grandparents live in Charlottesville, so we paid them a visit before driving out the campus. I always love going to their house, I love being in the house my mom grew up in, as well as my grandparents always have really good food...


This statue was the first thing we saw when we walked in. My mom told me she and her friends would always make fun of it back when she went here.



Me on a grass bridge.



The gardens were one of my favorite parts of the campus, it reminded me of living in colonial Williamsburg or something...


We visited my mom's old dorm room on the Row!



My mom took some pictures of my doing various poses outside the Rotunda, I just couldn't help myself...



After we self-toured the whole campus, we went back to my grandparents house where my grandma and I took a walk by the creek and then observed her bottle tree, then later looked through all of these old pictures, and noticed something....
I guess I HAD been to the campus before, just long before I could remember! Not much has changed...

My grandma made tortellini alfredo for dinner, and my mom, grandma, grandpa, and I ate it out on the back porch while the sun set, then sat outside for another hour or so eating brownies and just talking. I just really love being in Charlottesville. Maybe if I do end up going to UVA someday, I can spend more evenings outside with my grandparents (as well as have a free place to do laundry) Go Hoos!







No comments:

Post a Comment