Monday, August 5, 2013

Mount Shenandoah and One Pretty Hardcore Family

Yesterday, the weather was so amazing (especially for August) that my family decided we couldn't just sit inside, so we went back to Charlottesville to go up to the mountains. We spent most of the day hiking and desperately trying to get down the mountain on the small amount of gas we had left, but Meg and I also just wondered around my grandparents neighborhood for a while a took a TON of pictures!

 Meg didn't want to have her picture taken...
While we were walking the dog, Meg and I found this really cool vine that we attempted to climb... only somewhat successfully...
Wow what is my life?
 Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful...
Even the way Meg walks is cute.
Meg and I found this great rope swing hanging down from a tree beside the creek, so of course we had to try it out. 
Meg and I turned this corner and right in front of us were three deer, and they stayed there looking at us for about 10 minutes. 
 This is possibly my favorite picture ever.
View from the first lookout.
My family members are pretty intense hikers.
Yet again, Meg even walks cutely...
You know what makes the fact that I took a selfie even more awkward? You can see the reflection of my arms in my sunglasses.
The Appalachian Trial (I tried to convince my family to walk to Maine with me but they wouldn't...)
 "Rock Climbing"
Meg and I are hardcore hikers...
Awkward hand...
Someone was happy to reach the top of the mountain...
Actually, this could possibly be my favorite picture ever.
You actually cannot look at this and not admit that I have the best grandpa ever...
Oh yeah, also Meg fell off the cliff...
 After hiking, we came back to my grandparents house, and as usual, Meg and I had to go to the playground...
Also I rolled down the hill and it was wonderful and I'm not ashamed...

So yes, we did survive hiking over cliffs, as well as getting down the mountain with only a couple miles of gas left. I'd say my family is pretty intense...

Maybe not...



No comments:

Post a Comment