Friday, August 16, 2013

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (otherwise known as, IT'S ABOUT TIME!)

Ok, so I'm sure some of you have heard of that series, the Percy Jackson series?

If you haven't, I'm very disappointed, and you should get on that right away.

But honestly, I haven't actually read the books since maybe 7th grade, which is kind of embarrassing, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited when the second movie FINALLY came out! I mean, first of all, the storyline is really interesting, with the whole demigod thing, as well as... Logan Lerman...

Can we just take a second?


There is no possible way you can sit here and look at this photo and tell me that he is not one of the most attractive human beings to ever walk the face of the earth, alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Channing Tatum and people with British accents. And if you've seen The Perks of Being a Wallflower (which, if you haven't seen that either, WHAT have you been doing with your life?), then you can understand how I find Logan Lerman simply the most wonderful person ever.

Now that I've had that spiel, let me move on to the actual movie.

I really liked it this time around! I wasn't actually all that impressed with the first movie, the storyline barely followed the book and the chemistry between the two main actors was just super awkward, but this movie really reminded me why I loved the books. Yeah, I mean not everything went alongside the plot of the book (I won't give anything away, but there's some strange stuff happening at the end) but I appreciated the overall effort to follow the original story. I felt like the acting was slightly better this time, still a little awkward because I feel like the actors just don't really know each other that well, but it has improved since the last movie. I definitely enjoyed the movie the entire way through, and even if it didn't completely follow the book I was entertained. I'm hoping that they continue to make these movies and don't just give up on them all together, it took the THREE YEARS to come out with a sequel so I hope that doesn't prevent them from turning all the books into movies. I feel that if the writers REALLY read the book this time, as well as the actors spend some more time together, these movies really could be successful.

Also, can I just point out, Annabeth was blonde in this movie, which was greatly appreciated.


Erin P, Erin T, Emma, and I all met up to go see the movie and fangirl over Logan Lerman, and maybe even if the entire theater wasn't all that happy with us commenting throughout the entire movie, it was rather wonderful anyway!

Also, Emma wore her Camp Halfblood t-shirt cause we are cool like that, and I ate an entire bag of sour gummy worms, and now I think I'm going to go lie in my bed with a stomach ache until I get to see my friends again which feels like such a long time from now even though I only have to wait until Sunday night... 

“My name is Percy Jackson. 
I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.
Am I a troubled kid?
Yeah. You could say that.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment